Friday, December 14, 2007

Ballad of a Picnic Table

Dustin finally gave up the custody battle with the chickens over the picnic table in our back yard. I've been trying to convince him to give it to the goats for months, but he said he liked having it for eating on. Well, he couldn't keep the chickens off of it, though. So it was pretty much always covered in chicken poop, which made it less than appealing to eat upon, as you can imagine. So about a week ago he got his cousin, Jesse, to help him move it into the goat pen. It's had high traffic since then!




Here's a pretty picture I took of Louie on the table last night, although it was too dark to see where he was. He looked like such a superstar I might have altered the photo a bit. ;)

Poor Tierra, though. She's too fat to get up on it properly, so she gets her front two feet on the bench and calls it good enough. She'll stay there forever, just like that, her big ol' back end still on the ground. Louie and Lucy will deftly scamper all over the thing, even turning around on the narrow benches, while Tierra is just parked there with her nether regions still grounded.

























I, too, have been fat and pregnant so I could really identify with her. So I gave her a wee hug.

1 comment:

Marigold said...

I think it is a Nubian thing, having 'nether regions' that can't rise above ground zero. Just ask Boo.