Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Things Only I Would Find Interesting



This video was about attempt 7 of trying to get the goats on video making their respective noises. The problem is, they only holler at me when they want me to come hang out with them. Once I'm close by, they just stand there and stare at me. It makes for titillating video footage, let me tell you. I was trying to capture the range of sounds they make. Tierra has this unholy moanish-groanish-wailing sort of noise. Sounds sorta like a mmmmmGUAHHHHHHHHHHhhhh or a variation thereof. It sounds absolutely painful. The Angoras, on the other hand, make a neat little maaaa sound. As I've said before, the poor darlings look and sound just like sheep, the only difference being that sheep don't have half their personality and sheep go Baa while goats go Maa. It's all very technical. ;)

Here's another video, taken this morning, where you can at least hear the Angoras talking. I've actually gotten to the point that I can tell Lucy and Louie's maa's apart. Louie's is actually louder and higher pitched than Lucy's. Ironic. This was taken as I walked outside for our morning milking. I have a confession: I also took a video of me milking Tierra, but I had failed to take into consideration how absolutely horrible I looked. I really do not dress up much for the goats. Come to find out, pink corduroys, a green and white fuzzy sweater, polka dot rubber boots, and a slept upon French braid did not make me camera-ready. Will possibly try again tomorrow after a little more attention paid to personal hygiene.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh its too cute - I like how he comes right to the camera....LOL...very cute!!!!

farm mama said...

When I click on the video, it tells me it is no longer available. Maybe it is blocked - I'll try again later. Love the blog - keep the entries coming!!

Marigold said...

Dear DCV,
Hi! I like your blog! I must tell, you, however, that probably you do not want to commit the Nubian singing voice to tape (if it is anything like the Nubian voice here.) 'Sick Elk' would be an apt description, despite the fact SHE views it as quite melodious. Oy.

farm mama said...

Tried playing the videos again from my home computer and they played fine. I must agree with Marigodl that the Nubian song does sound quite a bit like a sick elk. Sorry, Tierra!! I still love you!!
P.S. If your mama doesn't get you some animal crackers soon, I'll have to bring you some.