Sunday, November 18, 2007

Louie Moves in for the Kill

I was talking to my mother (FarmMama) on the telephone this morning and happened to look out the window to see what the goats were up to. Let me tell you: Louie was partaking of a deep and soulful sniff of Lucy's bottom. I mean, the boy was completely engrossed for a full minute or so. As he came up for air, I saw him flehm. This is quite a sight. The buck lifts his upper lip and looks for all intents and purposes just like he's smiling. A buck does this to help smell the pheromones wafting from his girlfriends butt. :) If you look very closely in the picture you can kinda see him doing it. Notice that Lucy is quite the willing participant in all of this. She was more than willing to let him go on sniffing and smiling all afternoon if he'd like. After he finished, she turned around and was sniffing and licking all over his face, her little tail wagging a million miles a minute the whole time. I do believe we might see some action soon! I should have known something was amiss when the two of them did not touch their grain that morning.

1 comment:

goatgirl said...

I predict snowny white babies in 5 months time!