Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Babies Underfoot

I finally got to spend some time with the babies this afternoon. I got off work a little early so after eating some lunch and warming some bottles, I headed out to the goat barn. The three girls managed to drink two full 20 oz bottles! Wow. At this point they are already drinking every drop that Tierra is giving me each milking, and the milk I stockpiled the first two days is rapidly disappearing. In one feeding they are drinking all the milk from the morning milking, and again that evening, leaving me nothing to give them in the middle of the day. I guess if this keeps up I may just have to supplement with cows milk. I let all the babies out to mingle for a while, and while Harmony's twins are still running circles around everybody, including me, Tierra's girls are starting to play a little. They're just adorable with their big ol' ears flapping about. Here's a video of their first time stepping foot outside.

And here's some footage of Mumble and Poe stretching their legs. I think Harmony is getting tired of being locked up with those two bundles of energy, she's just got that frazzled mother look going on. I keep telling her that its only until they reach 10 lbs and are safe from birds of prey, but she doesn't seem to find solace in that.

Here's a short video of me being mauled by Tierra's girls the second I sit down. Little piggies.


I was finally able to get some decent pictures of Mumble and Poe post-disbudding. As you can see, they are doing just fine. :)

3 comments:

Christy said...

They sure are adorable! I'm sorry your having so many problems with it all.

Marigold said...

The Nubians are cute, but those little Nigerians are just adorable!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Just discovered your Blog the other day and am thoroughly enjoying it!

The babies are so adorable and funny! I bet they bring huge smiles to your face when out there with them.

We're just starting out ourselves on 3 acres. We have 2 llamas, some chickens, and one angora goat. Next week we'll pick up a Boer Goat wether kid. Can't wait!

I look forward to rading more of your Blog, too!