Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tierra Sick!

When I went out to milk Tierra last night she was not interested in her grain. This instantly alarmed me. Grain is like crack for goats. They’d slit your throat in a second for if it meant more grain. She only gave me a few ounces of milk (her usual is about .5-.75 cup), and she had signs of diarrhea all over her bottom. Freaked me out! I made sure she had some baking soda if she wanted some, but she was not interested. I felt I had to do something, so I squirted some warm water and baking soda in her mouth. Dustin was sick and asleep, so I chased her around the pen until I had her in a headlock and drenched her. This morning she was still not interested in eating, and just laid there on the ground. I brought her a bowl of grain and some fresh water, and she took a good swig of water. Still wouldn’t touch her grain. I am royally freaked at and a part of me is already bracing myself…… just in case. The only thing I can think of is that she ate something that did not agree with her out in the new pasture. We’ll see how things go.

No comments: